Our classical and contemporary upholstery revealed…. It’s what you don’t see that counts.
We pride ourselves on the flexibility and excellence we offer in our products and service.
Each piece of our upholstery approaches a unique work of art, because it represents a great deal of self expression of the artisans who made it, but more importantly the self expression of you, the owner. We hope your furniture will bring you lifelong satisfaction and enjoyment.
Here are some of our inner secrets which bring our product to life:
- All of our frames are made from carefully selected hard woods with joints glued, screwed and dowelled for maximum strength.
- All frames are lined out with webbing and hessian to give additional protection to your carefully selected face fabric.
- Arms and backs are contoured from layers of traditional upholstery materials (hair, felt, fibres etc) to give a smooth durable finish.
- By combining various coil spring tensions in the majority of our seats, optimum comfort and support is achieved.
- Our coil sprung seats are traditionally finished with hair stuffed, hand stitched front edges to help prevent the front edge sagging and collapsing.
- Either flat springs or coil springs are used in the backs of our models for lasting posture support.
- All fabrics are pattern matched and handcut for that impeccable tailored look.
- A choice of duck feather and down, hollofibre, foams, sprinkled feather cushions, amongst many others are offered to help you achieve the support and comfort level that is right for you.
- Cushions are zipped, overlocked and pattern matched both sides for ease of cleaning and maximum wear.
- Each piece is traditionally upholstered by a skilled craftsman and inspected at six stages during manufacture to ensure you receive the highest quality finish possible.
- To ensure that your upholstery arrives in perfect condition, the majority of our deliveries are carried out on our own transport.